1. The role of the host in the disease transmission cycle is characterized as a
B. pathogen source and a reservoir.
2. When managing a flu vaccination plan, an infection preventionist must
B. provide education and training on importance of vaccinations.
3. In developing an effective infection control and prevention program, which of the following is the MOST important consideration?
B. Guiding clinicians to include preoperative screening for current and past infections.
4. In performing disinfection for point-of-care devices, which of the following actions must be considered?
B. Following the manufacturer’s instructions for use
5. Contact, droplet, and airborne are examples of which of the following types of precautions?
6. Which of the following is a Class I Clean surgical wound?
A. Inguinal hernia repair
7. The HVAC design parameters for the decontamination room of an ambulatory surgery center should include
A. negative pressure and minimum of six total air changes per hour.
8. While conducting an audit of the temperature and humidity log, the following was noted:
Based on AORN recommended ranges, which of the following rooms is considered out of range?
A. OR 1
9. It is critical that the early release of implants be communicated and documented in which of the following situations?
B. Prior to the biological indicator being processed and read
10. When developing an infection prevention and control program, the FIRST step involves
A. collecting regulatory and best practice guidelines.
11. Which of the following HICPAC guidelines is strongly recommended for implementation and is strongly supported by well designed experimental, clinical, or epidemiological studies?
A. Category IA
12. From the following facility data, how many times should the infection prevention and control plan been updated and presented to leadership?
New sterilization equipment (1)
Outbreak of measles in the community (1)
Outbreak of salmonella in the community (1)
Annual review of Infection Control Program (1)
CDC guidelines added to the Infection Prevention and Control plan (2)
13. A new single specialty interventional radiology ASC is developing the infection prevention program. Dialysis patients are the primary population to be served. Which of the following are the top two factors that should be included in the annual risk assessment regarding this population?
A. Cleaning and disinfection practices and standard precautions
14. Using the data presented below regarding surgical site infections (SSIs):
Quarter SSIs Volume
1st 2 350 cases
2nd 1 320 cases
3rd 1 300 cases
4th 2 400 cases
Which quarter would have the highest SSI rate?
15. Which of the following infections has the highest prevalence in a facility that performs a large volume of GI procedures?
B. Clostridium difficile